EASA Part 145 Helicopter Maintenance
As an EASA Part 145 approved aircraft maintenance organisation, UK Aviation Services specialises in the maintenance and repair of private, corporate and commercially operated helicopters.
The company holds EASA approvals for various Bell, Leonardo, Sikorsky, Airbus, Robinson, Guimbal and MD helicopters as detailed on our EASA Part 145 Approval Schedule which can be seen here.
More specifically we are a Robinson Helicopter Authorised Service Facility, a Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS Dealer and an AeroLED’s Authorised Re-seller.
BCAR A8-23 Non-EASA Helicopter Maintenance
In addition to the EASA Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Approval, UK Aviation Services is also approved as a BCAR A8-23 Maintenance Organisation to maintain Non-EASA / Annex II aircraft; these include helicopters which have not been accepted by EASA and individual aircraft which have formerly been operated by the military. These helicopters operate on a National Airworthiness review Certificate or National Permit to Fly. A copy of the BCAR Approval Schedule can be seen here.
Maintenance of Foreign Registered Aircraft
The professional staff at UK Aviation Services regularly maintain and manage aircraft on the European aircraft registers, American N register and the Isle of Man Aircraft Registry and have experience on many other types including Seychelles, UAE, Bermudan and Cayman Island registers to name a few.
Maintenance of these foreign registered aircraft brings with it many requirements specific to the National Aviation Authorities and applicable to the aircraft registration. Our knowledge and experience means you can have UK Aviation Services manage the continuing airworthiness and maintenance of your helicopter giving you the peace of mind that your aircraft is airworthy and legal to fly.
Aircraft Upgrade & Modification
Whether you are looking to upgrade your avionics to the latest equipment or you just need to keep up with Regulatory changes, UK Aviation Services can help.
With many years experience managing modifications from concept to completion of both avionic and airframe upgrades, you will know your work has been completed by knowledgeable licenced engineers to the highest standards of quality and safety. Recent works include:
- Major upgrade of Robinson R44 to include installation of Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS with Auto Pilot, Installation of Gamin GTN 650 Nav / Comm / GPS and installation of Aspen Avionics EFD1000H Multi Function Display in accordance with EASA Verified STC’s;
- Sikorksy S76 Major Avionics upgrade package to facilitate import and commercial operations on an EASA Register including; installation of a Digital Flight Data Acquisition Unit and Multi Purpose Flight Recorder in accordance with EASA STC’s, upgrade VHF Communications to provide 8.33kHz spacing to comply with Eurocontrol Airspace requirements, upgrade VHF Navigation System to provide ICAO Annex 10 FM Immunity iaw EASA Minor Change, installation of cockpit and cabin USB charging ports and installation of Bose A20 ANR Bluetooth Headsets to cockpit and cabin iaw EASA Minor Changes;
- Bell 430 Major Avionics upgrade including installation of Honeywell weather radar, Avidyne multi-function display, Avidyne Traffic Advisory System. Certified as an FAA Major Alteration.
Other common changes include:
- Upgrade of aircraft external lighting to LED including: Landing and Taxi Lights, Searchlights, Nav / Position and Strobe Lights;
- VHF Comm upgrade to provide 8.33kHz spacing;
- Transponder upgrade to provide Mode S or ADS-B (out);;
- Installation of USB charging ports;
- Upgrade intercom system or audio panel;
- Upgrade headset installation; and
- Installation of Emergency Locator Transmitter.
If you have a modification or upgrade in mind, please feel free to contact us to discuss your options.
Aircraft Import & Export
If you are in the process, or thinking, of buying or selling an aircraft, UK Aviation Services can assist in many ways. Whether you need a pre-purchase survey carried out, to import or export the aircraft between different aviation registers or transfer of the aircraft to a different location worldwide, our aviation experts have the knowledge.
With experience of moving aircraft by land, sea and air freight to most continents of the world, there are not many situations our staff have not come up against. From the easier moves to North America to the more complex and rare moves like Oman, UK Aviation Services personnel have done it.
If you would like help or advice with the import or export of an aircraft, please feel free to contact us.